- Ale & Arty
- Theatre & Dance
- Accessible Performances
- Try it at ARC
- Young People
- Adult Classes
- Silver - Over 50s
- Artist Development Events
- Talks and Discussions
- No 60
- Special Events
You are here
Trailblazing alternative cabaret platform Mother's Ruin returns to ARC for another night of hilarious variety. Expect radical, brave and beautiful performance with a sprinkling of song, silliness and sass.
Hosted by the glamorous and ecologically inspired bearded drag lady Timberlina, the evening will feature:
- one of Liverpool's leading LGBT+ icons, poet and activist Gerry Potter Poet who will be bringing back Chloe Poems Poems
- current holder of Bunny of Hope award Debs Gatenby channelling her inner clown as she remembers how to play - expect bad impersonations of animal spirits and mediations on homo-normativity and modern life
- Newcastle singer/songwriter and theatre maker Jonluke Mckie whose powerful music is introspective, soulful and personal, exploring themes of family, relationships and identity
- comedian from West Yorkshire, specifically Leeds, Minty from Leeds who believes comedy should be well written, funny and above all respectful and whose popular catchphrase ‘have a go - somebody’s got to!’ features heavily throughout his show
- performance artist Laurie (aka Violet Blonde) exploring the intimate, uncomfortable realities of being a young queer today through music and visual art
- and L Smith presenting Six O'Clock Swill, an interactive solo that delves into Society’s relationship with alcohol, taking inspiration from the sculptural work of Rodin, Mr Punch and William Hogarth's Gin Lane and Beer Street.
'Outrageously entertaining night bursting with queer comedy mayhem' - Manchester Wire
'Live performance doesn't get any more queer than this' - Time Out Manchester
'Entertaining, hilarious and astute' - Vada Magazine
Supported by ARC Stockton and Contact, Manchester.
This performance is priced on a Pay What You Decide basis, click here to find out more.
This performance will be BSL interpreted