You are here
REACH – Touring in the North East Touring Showcase
Fri 20 Oct 2017
10.30am – 7pm
ARC Stockton is looking for up to 12 touring companies interested in touring work to a range of North East venues to take part in a showcase event on Fri 20 Oct 2017, as part of REACH, a strategic touring programme.
A new touring network of six venues has been established through the REACH programme, and we are now looking for work to tour in April/May 2018 and October 2018.
Each tour will comprise of six dates, running Mon – Sat in the same week, so will require same day get-ins. The showcase will be an opportunity for companies to talk directly to programmers from the six venues:
• Alnwick Playhouse
• Arts Centre Washington
• Bishop Auckland Town Hall
• Hartlepool Town Hall Theatre
• Saltburn Arts Theatre
• The Witham, Barnard Castle
At the end of the showcase, the venue programmers group will select two shows to tour as part of REACH, one in April/May 2018 and one in October 2018. Individual venues may also be interested in programming work presented at the showcase outside of these tours.
At the showcase, each company will have the opportunity to:
• Listen to five minute presentations from each of the venue programmers
• Give a 15 minute presentation, which ideally would be an excerpt of work
• Hold five minute one to one introductions with each programmer
• Informal networking over lunch and during breaks
Selected companies can claim up to £400 towards travel expenses to attend the REACH showcase.
We are looking for companies who are:
• interested in building links with North East venues and audiences
• planning to have work available for touring in 2018
• able to tour their show to six different venues in one week
• available to tour either w/c 30 Apr 2018 OR w/c 1 Oct 2018
• describing their work as new or contemporary theatre
• committed to achieving high production standards
• able to perform an excerpt of their work as part of the showcase on Fri 20 Oct 2017
• confident that their shows can be presented in the venues (technical specifications available here) within the technical resources available
• willing to work on guarantees of up to £1,000 per performance including all travel and accommodation
• committed to supporting venues to develop audiences
The six REACH venues are spread across the North East:
Please consider distance between venues when making your application, to ensure touring to all six in one week is viable. Alnwick Playhouse is approximately 80 miles from The Witham, and 90 miles from Saltburn Arts Theatre.
The showcase will take place at ARC in Stockton. Companies will have access to technical support at the venue, but changeover time between presentations will need to be kept to a minimum. ARC technical staff will work with selected companies to achieve this.
Selected companies will be informed by Wed 4 Oct 2017.
Download REACH Venue technical specifications here to ensure your show is viable in all six venues.