You are here
REACH - Touring in the North East Touring Showcase
Mon 17 June 2019
10.30am – 7pm
ARC Stockton is looking for up to 12 touring companies interested in touring work to a range of North East venues to take part in a showcase event on Mon 17 June 2019, as part of REACH, a strategic touring programme.
A new touring network of six venues has been established through the REACH programme, and we are now looking for work to tour in February and April/May 2020.
Each tour will comprise of six dates, running Mon – Sat in the same week, so will require same day get-ins. The showcase will be an opportunity for companies to talk directly to programmers from the six venues:
• Alnwick Playhouse
• Arts Centre Washington
• Hartlepool Town Hall Theatre
• Queen's Hall Arts Centre, Hexham
• Saltburn Arts Theatre
• The Witham, Barnard Castle
At the end of the showcase, the venue programmers group will select two shows to tour as part of REACH, one in February 2020 and one in April/May 2020. Individual venues may also be interested in programming work presented at the showcase outside of these tours.
At the showcase, each company will have the opportunity to:
• Listen to five minute presentations from each of the venue programmers
• Give a 15 minute presentation, which ideally would be an excerpt of work
• Hold five minute one to one introductions with each programmer
• Informal networking over lunch and during breaks
Selected companies can claim up to £400 towards travel expenses to attend the REACH showcase.
We are looking for companies who are:
• from outside the North East region
• interested in building links with North East venues and audiences
• planning to have work available for touring in 2020
• able to tour their show to six different venues in one week
• available to tour either w/c 3 Feb 2020 OR w/c 27 Apr 2020
• describing their work as new or contemporary theatre
• committed to achieving high production standards
• able to perform an excerpt of their work as part of the showcase on Mon 17 June 2019
• confident that their shows can be presented in the venues (technical specifications available at the bottom of this web page) within the technical resources available
• willing to work on guarantees of up to £1,000 per performance including all travel and accommodation
• committed to supporting venues to develop audiences
The six REACH venues are spread across the North East:
Please consider distance between venues when making your application, to ensure touring to all six in one week is viable. Alnwick Playhouse is approximately 80 miles from The Witham, and 90 miles from Saltburn Arts Theatre.
The showcase will take place at ARC in Stockton. Companies will have access to technical support at the venue, but changeover time between presentations will need to be kept to a minimum. ARC technical staff will work with selected companies to achieve this.
Selected companies will be informed by Tues 28 May 2019.
Venue technical specifications
Alnwick Playhouse - Alnwick Playhouse is closed until August 2019 for a full building re-design and auditorium redevelopment with new partners Northumberland County Council. The new Playhouse technical specifications will be made available at the earliest possible opportunity.
Arts Centre Washington - Technical specifications here.
Hartlepool Town Hall Theatre - Technical specifications here.
Queen's Hall Arts Centre, Hexham - The Queen's Hall, Hexham has a main theatre with a seating capacity of 340 which works for mid-scale theatre. We also programme evening performances into the library within the Queen's Hall, which provides a flexible performance space to seat 100 in different formats including traverse, in the round and cabaret style. In the library space set up time is restricted to two hours. We will ensure that we place performances in the space that will give our audiences the best possible experience of the show. Queen's Hall technical specifications here.
Saltburn Arts Theatre - Technical specifications here.
The Witham, Barnard Castle - Technical specifications here.