Arts Award supports children and young people to develop as artists and arts leaders. It deepens engagement with arts and culture, develops both creative and leadership skills, and importantly Arts Award leads to a national qualification.
Through the five different levels of Arts Award, children and young people aged up to 25 can explore any art form. The award builds confidence, helps young people engage with and enjoy cultural activities and prepares them for further education and employment.
• Arts Award’s unique qualifications support young people to develop as artists and arts leaders
• The programme develops creativity, leadership and communication skills
• Arts Award is open to anyone aged up to 25, and embraces all interests and backgrounds
• Through Arts Award young people learn to work independently, helping them to prepare for further education and employment
At ARC we are committed to supporting young people, youth groups, projects, schools and colleges to help more young people to achieve Arts Award, and to raise awareness of the award and its opportunities. We have considerable staff expertise and can support at all levels from Discover to Gold.
Most recently we worked with Bishopton PRU and Protein Dance on an intensive residency project here at ARC, and the participants had the opportunity to complete their Bronze Arts Award as part of this. We were delighted when all entrants passed and received their qualification. Our own project ARC Champions saw seven young people completing Bronze Arts Award by taking part in drama workshops, writing about who inspires them, watching live performances at ARC and sharing skills with other young people in free workshops.
We also offer work experience placements that can support young people with their Arts Award, you can find out more about this here.
To find out more about our current projects or to enquire about how we can work with your school, youth group or organisation please contact Holly Gallagher on 01642 525183 or at [email protected] or contact Sonya Curle on 01642 434174 or at [email protected]
Arts Award Supporter
ARC is proud to be an Arts Award Supporter organisation. This means that we run activities that young people, schools, and groups can use towards their Arts Award. This includes:
- Workshops and events for young people
- Access to ARC performances that they can review
- Opportunities to find out more about theatre companies, projects, and cultural opportunities in their area
- Find out about careers in the arts