You are here
Terms and conditions
- Tickets are sold by ARC, Stockton Arts Centre Ltd. By purchasing a ticket by telephone, online, in person at the Box Office or from an agency, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions.
- Please check your tickets carefully at the time of purchase, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
- Everyone attending a show needs a valid ticket which must be produced on arrival and shown to an usher.
- Every effort is made to admit latecomers at a suitable point during a performance, however if you arrive late admittance cannot be guaranteed.
- Mobile phones, pagers and digital watches must be turned off at all times during the show.
- The use of cameras and recording equipment of any kind is prohibited.
- ARC reserves the right to refuse admission in reasonable circumstances or to request any ticket holder to leave the auditoria and take appropriate action to enforce this right.
- We endeavour to ensure that all information provided by ARC is accurate at the time of going to print. However, sometimes errors occur or changes are made at a later date. ARC reserves the right to alter the performance and cast as advertised in advance, where such alterations are necessary owing to unforeseen circumstances.
- In the event of a cancelled performance, ARC will not be liable for any additional travel or accommodation expenses.
- ARC reserves the right to change seating arrangements if necessary.
Purpose of Policy
We are committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what information we hold about you. Using personal information allows us to develop a better understanding of our customers and in turn to provide them with relevant and timely information about the work that we do. As a charity, it also helps us to engage with potential donors and supporters, and report on our work to funders and key stake holders.
The purpose of this policy is to provide a clear explanation about how we and our subsidiaries collect information from customers directly and how we use that information in our work. We use information we collect from customers in accordance with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information.
This policy explains:
• What information we may collect about you
• How we may use that information
• In what situations we may disclose your details to third parties
• Information about how we keep your personal information secure, how we maintain it, how long we hold your information for, and your rights to be able to access it
If you have any queries about this policy, please contact email@example.com
Who We Are
ARC Stockton Arts Centre is a charity and is funded by Arts Council England and Stockton Borough Council as well as various trusts, foundations and individual donors and supporters. Our registered charity number in England and Wales is 1095460, our registered company number in England and Wales is 4591795.
No 60 (ARC Stockton Arts Centre (Trading) Ltd.) is a subsidiary of ARC Stockton Arts Centre and is a registered company in England and Wales under registration number 9490242 Ltd.
We collect various types of information and in a number of ways:
Information You Give Us
For example when you register on our website, when you buy tickets online or via the Box Office or when you make a donation, we will store personal information you give us such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone number and card details. We will also store a record of your purchases and donations.
Information About Your Interactions with Us
For example, when you visit our website, we collect information about how you interact with our content. When we send you a mailing we store a record of this, and in the case of emails we keep a record of which ones you have opened and which links you have clicked on.
Information from Third Parties
We will never buy personal information about customers from third parties. We may sometimes receive customers’ data through various partners who we work with, and will always ensure that customers have given their consent for that data to be shared with us before we receive it. We may also receive your data from third party ticketing agents where you have purchased tickets for one of our events through this agent to aid us with the administration of your booking.
Sensitive Personal Data
Data Protection law recognises that certain categories of personal information are more sensitive such as health information, race, religious beliefs and political opinions. We do not usually collect this type of information about our customers unless there is a clear reason for doing so. For example we collect health information about participants in our programme of classes and courses.
There are three bases under which we may process your data:
When you make a purchase from us or make a donation to us, you are entering into a contract with us. In order to perform this contract we need to process and store your data. For example we may need to contact you by email or telephone in the case of cancellation of a show, or in the case of problems with your payment, we will also send confirmation by email for orders you make online.
Legitimate business interests
In certain situations we collect and process your personal data for purposes that are in our legitimate organisational interests. However we only do this if there is no overriding prejudice to you by using your personal information in this way. We describe below all situations where we may use this basis for processing in the Other Processing Activities section.
With your explicit consent
For any situations where the two bases above are not appropriate, we will instead ask for your explicit consent before using your personal information in that specific situation.
We aim to communicate with you about the work that we do in ways that you find relevant, timely and respectful. To do this we use data that we have stored about you, such as what events you have booked for in the past, as well as any preferences you may have told us about. We use our legitimate organisational interest as the legal basis for communications by post and email. In the case of postal mailings, you may object to receiving these at any time using the contact details at the end of this policy.
In the case of email, we will give you an opportunity to opt out of receiving them during your first purchase with us. If you do not opt out at this point, we will provide you with an option to unsubscribe in every email that we subsequently send you, or you can alternatively use the contact details at the end of this policy.
We may also contact you about our work by telephone however we will always get explicit consent from you before doing this. Please bear in mind that this does not apply to telephone calls that we may need to make to you related to your purchases (as above).
Other Processing Activities
In addition to marketing communications, we also process personal information in the following ways that are within our legitimate organisational interests:
- We may analyse data we hold about you to ensure that the content and timing of communications that we send you are as relevant to you as possible.
- We may analyse data we hold about you in order to identify and prevent fraud.
- In order to improve our website we may analyse information about how you use it and the content and ads that you interact with.
- We may use profiling techniques or third party wealth screening and insight companies to provide us with information about you that will help us to communicate in a relevant way with you, in particular when we are approaching you about potential philanthropic support. Such information is compiled using publicly available data about you.
- Where we carry out routine analysis of our donors and contact them with updates about how we used their donation.
- Where we contact you with information in pre-show emails before your visit, and may include some marketing messages about additional products and services available from us that could improve your experience at ARC.
- Where we send automated emails about your preferences after you first tell us you would like to receive information by email.
- When we include our current brochures and flyers when we mail tickets ordered for delivery by post you.
- When we send surveys to recent bookers about their customer experience.
- We routinely monitor our building through the use of an installed CCTV system, which may contain footage of you if you have visited our building. To protect your privacy we will only share this information with particular third parties such as the police where a crime has been reported or to where the sharing might be necessary to protect the vital interests of an individual.
In all of the above cases we will always keep your rights and interests at the forefront to ensure they are not overridden by your own interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. You have the right to object to any of this processing at any time. If you wish to do this, please use the contact details at the end of this policy. Please bear in mind that if you object this may affect our ability to carry out tasks above that are for your benefit.
There are certain circumstances under which we may disclose your personal information to third parties. These are as follows:
To the subsidiaries described above when it is necessary for them to be able to provide you with products or services that you’ve requested.
To our own service providers who process data on our behalf and on our instructions (for example our ticketing system software provider and payments service provider). In these cases we require that these third parties comply strictly with our instructions and with data protection laws, for example around security of personal data.
Where we are under a duty to disclose your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies).
To specific named visiting and partner companies whose performances you have attended. In these cases we will always ask for your explicit consent before doing so.
Where we are acting as a ticket agent on behalf of another company or partner and a record of your booking is required for the purposes of admission to the event. We may also share anonymised data about you with third parties where this information has been requested by the companies funder.
Your debit and credit card information
If you use your credit or debit card to purchase from us or to make a donation, we will ensure that this is carried out securely and in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). You can find more information about this standard here. We optionally allow you to store your card details for use in a future transaction. This is carried out in compliance with PCI-DSS and in a way where none of our staff members are able to see your full card number. We never store your 3 or 4 digit security code.
Maintaining your personal information
We store your personal information indefinitely (with the exception of CCTV footage which is stored for no longer than 28 days) such that for any subsequent purchases you make we are able to link them back to a single unique record that we hold for you on our system. If there are aspects of your record that are inaccurate or that you would like to remove, you can usually do this by logging in to your account through our website.
Alternatively please use the contact details at the end of this policy. Any objections you make to any processing of your data will be stored against your record on our system so that we can comply with your requests.
Security of your personal information
We will put in place appropriate safeguards (both in terms of our procedures and the technology we use) to keep your personal information as secure as possible. We will ensure that any third parties we use for processing your personal information do the same. We will not transfer, process or store your data anywhere that is outside of the European Economic Area.
Your rights to your personal information
You have a right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies in this data corrected. Please use the contact details at the end of this policy if you would like to exercise this right.
Contact details and further information
ARC, Stockton Arts Centre
Stockton on Tees