Artists are invited to submit a piece of work for ARC’s Summer 2019 exhibition. This year’s exhibition is looking for work that responds to the title You, me and those who came before in line with the theme of National Refugee Week 2019.
What we are looking for:
• Contemporary work that responds to the theme You, me and those who came before
• Wall based work
• Work by Tees Valley based artists only
• One submission per artist
• Exhibition ready work (with fittings to hang/install)
• Reuben Kench, Director of Culture, Events & Leisure SBC
• Natasha Davis, Artist
• Chloe Lawrence, Programmes Manager ARC
• Representatives from the refugee week working group
How to Submit
To submit a piece of work please complete an application form which can be downloaded here and return by email to [email protected]. If you would like to submit your application in an alternative format, please let us know.
If you have any questions please get in touch with Chloe Lawrence by email [email protected] or phone 01642 665400
• Submissions close at 12 noon on Tue 7 May 2019
• Selection results will be sent out by email by Fri 10 May 2019
• Selected works should be delivered to ARC on Sat 15 June 2019 between 10am and 5pm
• Preview Sat 22 June 2019 – Refugee Week celebration
• Guest night – Fri 28 June 2019, 6 – 8pm
• Exhibition runs Sat 22 June – Sat 3 Aug 2019
• Collection of works Wed 7 Aug 2019, 10am – 5pm
More information on Refugee Week 2019
Images from Refugee Week Celebration 2018
The theme of Refugee Week 2019, ‘You, me and those who came before’, is an invitation to explore the lives of refugees – and those who have welcomed them – throughout the generations.
People escaping war and persecution have been welcomed by communities in the UK for hundreds of years, and their stories and contributions are all around us. From the Jewish refugees of the 1930s to people fleeing Vietnam in the 1970s, Kosovans in the 1990s to those arriving today; they are part of who we all are.
Activity will happen nationally from 17 June to 23 June 2019 as we bring together the old and the young, those who have been here for decades and those who have just arrived – and find out what we can learn from those who sought safety in Britain generations ago.
Stockton’s Refugee week celebration event will take place at ARC on Sat 22 June 2019.