Every month Displace Yourself Theatre run Creating Together at ARC – activities for adults to try out and develop skills in lots of different creative and arts activities. Everyone who comes along will also get free lunch and tea and coffee. (Sessions have currently moved online while ARC’s building is closed.)
The sessions are open to everyone, but are particularly relevant to:
- People who have experienced, or are at risk of, homelessness
- People who have come to UK seeking refuge or asylum
- People with mental health support needs
You don’t need to have taken part in arts and drama activities before, but if you have that is fine too. And if English is not your first language, don’t worry, we will support you.
Creating Together is a great way for you to:
- Meet new people
- Have fun being creative
- Find different ways of expressing yourself
- Stay connected and active during this difficult time
- Learn wellbeing tools that you can do at home to find balance and feel relaxed
We want to make sure the sessions are safe for everyone, so will have some simple rules in place such as keeping a safe distance and using hand gel. We will talk through these at the start of the session so that everyone understands and feels comfortable.
Displace Yourself Theatre are currently hosting free online creative and wellbeing sessions, keeping us connected and staying well throughout lockdown. For more details, text 07949 154514, email [email protected] or visit Displace Yourself Theatre’s Facebook page.