- Are you a trained cultural industries creative from the Class of 2020 or 2021, ready to get your work and skills out there professionally?
- Are you in need of free expert support and guidance from experienced industry professionals to help you succeed in your chosen career?
- Do you want to be part of a thriving, skilled cultural community and discover employment opportunities, network with other creatives, gain professional insights and meet new collaborators?
Tees Valley Young Creatives is a ground-breaking, exciting, and career launching programme of free support to help talented professionals newly out of training to secure employment and unlock new opportunities in their field.
Developed in direct response to the challenges facing the Classes of 2020 and 2021 and the culture sector due to the coronavirus pandemic, the new Tees Valley Young Creatives network has been tailored to help those trained across the cultural industries sector, such as performers, artists, producers, technicians and more. It offers the chance to connect with other early-career creatives and access hours of valuable industry know-how.
As a member you’ll have access to exclusive social media platforms, regular online masterclasses, talks, webinars, and workshops from leading professionals and some of the most exciting voices in the sector, plus in-person (where guidance allows) social events featuring guest creatives.
You will be able to gain valuable insights to help you into cultural work, covering everything from building a successful freelance career (including the logistics of funding and legalities, approaching companies or clients, and developing eye-catching self-marketing) to coping with anxiety, developing resilience strategies and building social confidence. Plus you’ll have the chance to inform the content to tailor it to your needs.
The programme is funded by the Tees Valley Mayor and Combined Authority as part of their £1m Recovery Programme for the Cultural Industries and Visitor Economy. It has been co-designed with The Northern School of Art, Teesside University, and Stockton Riverside College; and will be delivered by a wide range of creative industry professionals under the leadership of ARC, Stockton Arts Centre.
- Completed training in ANY creative specialism, as part of the Class of 2020 or 2021
- Trained, or live in the Tees Valley
- Are currently not in full-time education
- Are any age over 18 (but consider your creative career to be in its youth)
- Are ready to work in the cultural industries
To join the Tees Valley Young Creatives Network, and be able to access exclusive programme content across the year, please complete this membership form.
The next Tees Valley Young Creatives networking event takes place on Thursday 12 August from 7pm – 8.30pm.
Book your place at the next networking event online. You can also book a place by calling our Box Office on 01642 525199.
If you have any access requirements in order to attend the launch, please let us know when booking.